Honey Hair Mask: Moisturize Your Locks & Increase Shine

Honey Hair Mask
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on TumblrShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someonePrint this page

Do you have dry, brittle, damaged hair? If the answer is yes, a honey hair mask might be what the hair doctor orders. It is unfortunate, but our environment, weather, blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons, chemical processes and the like have taken a toll on our hair.

The good news is Mother Nature provides us with a little help to combat this problem.

HONEY HAIR MASK TO THE RESCUE

honey hair mask for dry hair

Honey Hair Mask Benefits

  • Honey contains vital minerals and vitamins. Sure 80% is made up of sugar, but the other 20% has important nutrients like vitamin B and C, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium.
  • Natures honey is antibacterial, so it has amazing healing properties. If your hair is damaged and weak, honey can protect your hair from drying out further.
  • Ever heard of humectant? Sounds like a funny word, but it actually attracts moisture to your hair, which is a good thing. To be clear, honey is a humectant. No wonder it is used in hair care products because it moisturizes dry, brittle hair.
  • Diseases are appearing due to chemicals and other “crap” that is included in many consumer products. Whatever you put on your hair or scalp affects your entire body. When you use natural products like honey, those type of worries go out the window. Honey actually boosts your immune system and has stood the test of time.
  • Honey is a hair healthy solution. It has so many good characteristics that your hair is nourished and enriched. You could say honey is food for your hair.
  • Honey added to shampoo and used as a hair conditioner softens and smoothes frizzy and unruly hair. It improves the health of your hair follicles and scalp. What works for me is to add a teaspoon of honey to my favorite shampoo. Or, I have even used honey by itself to treat my hair when it was extra dry.

Honey Hair Mask For Dry Hair

As I mentioned at the beginning of this article, there are many factors such as excessive shampooing, heated styling tools, swimming in chlorine water, pollution and sun exposure – any and all of them can and do damage your hair more than most of us realize.

A natural hair mask can combat these factors and improve the appearance of your hair.

Honey Hair Mask For Dry Hair

Sometimes we think I will do what I have always done to restore the lost shine and luster. We use whatever products are available in Target, Walmart or online. The bad news is that most of these products contain harsh chemicals that cause more damage than good to our hair. There are few good ones I have found like tgin Honey Miracle Hair Mask Deep Conditioner.

Some ladies have decided enough is enough and have formulated their own DIY honey hair masks as well.

Honey Hair Treatment AKA Honey Hair Treatment

I realize this is a honey hair mask article, but I have to admit that I sometimes cheat and add olive oil to the mix. Olive oil makes a big difference after just a few uses. It promotes a healthy scalp and hair roots because it adds so much moisture. It smoothes and coats dry, damaged hair shafts.

For this recipe you will need…

  • 1/2 cup of raw organic honey
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil

Directions

Mix together ½ cup of honey and ¼ cup of olive oil, warming the mixture just a little. Apply it to your hair.

Please note:

  1. Applying olive oil and honey to limp hair that easily gets oily will just make it greasier and heavier. So, this concoction might not be right for your hair.
  2. The ultra-pasteurized clear honey you buy at the grocery store or the 99¢ store doesn’t have many benefits, so make sure you purchase raw organic honey. It costs a little more, but it will work.

So, there you have it. A nice honey hair mask can do wonders for you. It soothes your dry scalp and moisturizes your hair as well.

Hey! Do YOU Want Beautiful, Long, Thick, Healthy Hair?

Get Hair Tips, absolutely free, along with weekly tips delivered directly to your inbox.

I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on TumblrShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someonePrint this page

Sherry Harris is a solopreneur at Sherry's Life. Follow me on Facebook and Twitter and, if you have thoughts on this article, join the conversation on Facebook.